A great glimpse into how Jesus spent 24 hours is in Mark 1:21-39. A summary of His activities are below:
- taught (vs 21)
- casted out demons (vs 26)
- showed compassion (vs 31)
- healed (vs 31-34)
- spent time alone (vs 35)
- prayed (vs 35)
- was intentional/focused – obedient to God (vs 38)
- discipled and equipped others (vs 38)
- traveled (vs 39)
- preached (vs 39)
- served long hours (vs 32, 35)
- spent time with people (vs 21-39)
We never read about Jesus being too busy, not having time for others. Even with a demanding ministry schedule, he took time to rest and pray. We do read about Jesus saying “No” several times in scripture to pursue the “Yes” that he was sent to accomplish.
We all have 24 hours in a day. What can your learn from Jesus’ example? What can/should you do differently with your days?